Thursday, October 21, 2021

Misspent youth

Yes, back in the day city of Tamworth was a Hill-Billy centre but there was more.  Only half captured, this build is from 1866 and then a bit later on when I was a youngster it was a library when Enid Blyton books were tops. Naturally the place became a restaurant and a nod to literacy is in a decorative letter grid and in the name Williamsburg - as in burger.    10 things to do before I die:       

#8 Choose to read with more mindfulness. Rarely have I ever read to appreciate the text itself and to notice how writing is done. I could look at this now and again as a challenge. Forego the plot and pay the syntax. Not so long ago I happened to be reminded how language is an art. So it's not a bad idea to dabble along these lines.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A good take on the building.

Amy said...

I was a bookworm, Enid Blyton was a firm favourite.