Monday, May 18, 2009


After a long time the words of a song, Dance me to the end of Love, were found on ABC radio.
Leonard Cohen, recently in Australia, wrote the song and has explained how its meaning goes beyond the wedding song I though it was and Wikipedia explains this. He has a touch of genius.
The song rings with timelessness and renewal and, for a young couple, makes for a very emotive interlude in a Wedding celebration (if it accords with their taste and even more so if the wedding day is in fact the beginning of the marriage, as it seems to be in some societies).

Dance me to your beauty with a burning violin....
Dance me to the end of love....
Oh let me see your beauty when the witnesses are gone....
Show me slowly what I only know the limits of
Dance me to the end of love....
Dance me to the children who are asking to be born
Dance me through the curtains...
Raise a tent of shelter now, thought every thread is torn
Dance me to the end of love..
Dance me to the end of love Leonard Cohen
www. azlyrics.com reveal more
Flowers for a local church wedding

4 comments:

B SQUARED said...

Leonard Cohen is quite simply a genius!

Chris said...

Hi Julia -

Chris from Pittsburgh checking in. I read a story today in the online Herald about trees being cut down in Laman Street. Could you post a few shots of the street as it is now, before the chainsaws go through?

julia said...

Hi,touching base again? On March 11 is a photo of Tyrrell St with similar trees and I'll be in Laman street soon assuming the changes are not immediate, believe will be done in stages but will check. Bunya Trees are making an appearance soon - on the blog!

Lowell said...

Superb photo/commentary. Cohen does have a way of putting into words the depth of emotion often not expressed; hopes and dreams held deep down inside.

Thank you!