Saturday, May 26, 2007

HMAS NEWCASTLE

,

'Dreadnoughts' and Crosses were played today with an underwater opponent in a tank on the wharf near the guided missile frigate named after our city and paying us a visit.

In recent times HMAS Newcastle has been to such places as the Middle East and to the Pacific island of Fiji where another coup was underway and it was said that the expats might need escape.
Read that the frigate is powered by two GE LM2500 gas turbines for the main propulsion which is innovative for the Australian Navy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what is in the tank? I clicked on the picture but could see nothing.

I just discovered a few minutes ago that two baby robins have left the nest. Or one is still there. I have photographed those and will show them on Monday.

Birds in their bath today at
Brookville Daily Photo

julia said...

Yes, it is difficult to see that underwater opponent I mentioned.